Ingredients In The Original Organic Probiotic Deodorant
1. Live Probiotics: Why do you require a deodorant that has probiotics in it? The skin is our largest organ and what you put ON your skin is just as important as what you put IN your body. Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your skin and digestive health. It is typically thought that bacteria are something that causes diseases. Your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called good or helpful bacteria because they help keep your organs. Probiotics when applied topically will also encourage pH balance of your skin due to it’s elimination of acidic bacteria. Additionally, probiotics have an anti-inflammatory effect, and can also act as antimicrobials which help alleviate inflammatory skin issues/infections.
2. Organic Shea Butter: is a skin superfood that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the Shea Tree and is naturally rich in vitamins A, E & F. It offers UV protection (SPF 6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids & nutrients necessary for collagen production. Three major benefits to Shea Butter are: Moisturizing: The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in Shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for the skin. It is often used to remedy dry skin & to help protect the skin’s natural oils. Reduces Inflammation: A 2010 study found that due to it’s cinnamic acid & other natural properties, Shea butter was anti-inflammatory. One compound in particular, lupeol cinnamate, was found to reduce skin inflammation and even potentially help avoid skin mutations. This also makes it beneficial for some people with acne.Skin Smoothing: Shea better aids in the skin’s natural collagen production and contains oleic, stearic, palmitic and linolenic acids that protect and nourish the skin to prevent drying. With long-term use, many people report skin softening and strengthening as well as wrinkle reduction.
3. Organic Coconut Oil: To date, there are over 1,500 studies proving coconut oil to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Coconut oil benefits and uses go beyond what most people realize. Research has finally uncovered the secrets to this amazing fruit; namely healthy fats called medium-chain fatty acids. These unique fats include caprylic acid, lauric acid and capric acid. These MCFA’s are anti-microbial and anti-fungal. Additional benefits of coconut oil for the skin include: Anti-Inflammatory: Due to the fatty acids, caprylic and lauric, coconut oil reduces inflammation internally and externally. This helps encourage the healing of burns, eczema, dandruff, dermatitis and psoriasis. Antioxidants: Coconut oil possesses many antioxidants that make it ideal for healing the skin. In addition, the antimicrobial properties balance out the candida or fungal sources that can cause infections and many skin conditions. Hormone Balance: Coconut oil may help naturally balance hormones because it is a great source of saturated fat including lauric acid. Studies have found that coconut oil may have positive effects on estrogen levels.
4. Organic Beeswax: The cosmetic industry loves beeswax because not only is it natural and non-toxic, it also provides benefits to the skin. Here are some of the potent benefits of organic beeswax: Protective: When applied to the skin, beeswax forms a protective barrier that helps protect it from environment assaults while also reducing dryness. Unlike other deodorants that have petroleum derivatives, organic beeswax does not suffocate the skin and will not clog pores. Vitamin A: As a good source of this vitamin, beeswax helps exfoliation and can rejuvenate your skin. Fragrance: There is no reason to use harsh chemicals to make products smell good. Natural ingredients work so much better! Beeswax has a natural honey scent and is use in Desert Rose Deodorant because of it’s light, amiable and pleasant aroma. Soothes Itchy & Flaking Skin: If you suffer from dry skin, itching or sensitive skin, organic beeswax will benefit you. Because beeswax is anti-allergenic, it is also easily tolerated even by those with reactive skin.
5. Organic Arrowroot Powder: Arrowroot is a powdery product extracted from the roots of the arrowroot plant Maranta Arundinaceae. Arrowroot is a fantastic herbal remedy and a wonderful thickening agent to help congeal Desert Rose Deodorant. It can be beneficial for your skin in the following ways: It is a lightweight, white powder, which, when applied to the skin, gives a soft and smooth feel. When arrowroot powder is used in Desert Rose Deodorant, it enables other ingredients to penetrate the upper levels of the skin as it has great moisture-absorbing qualities. It softens your skin by enabling it to absorb moisture. Arrowroot powder is light, soft and absorbent. When applied topically it helps dry blemishes, rashes and other sores or wounds. Arrowroot powder is light, soft and absorbent. It is used in making body powders. When applied topically, it helps dry blemishes, rashes or other sores, or wounds. Arrowroot has great healing Arrowroot has great healing qualities. It is made into a poultice and applied topically to treat rhizomes, ulcers and wounds. In Africa, it is used as a source of nourishment and for treatment of sunburns.
6. Organic Baking Soda: Baking soda has been widely used since ages as a natural, chemical-free, anti-bacterial agent to tackle a myriad range of skin problems. It works as an effective exfoliate removing dry, dead skin that can cause irritation, black heads and other skin problems. Baking soda is alkaline which helps soften the sebum and debris on the skin. Baking soda also clears and opens up pores and absorbs excess oil preventing clogging of the pores. As an exfoliant baking soda’s fine granular structure removes dead skin cells without causing excessive irritation. Baking soda’s antifungal and antimicrobial properties treat infections that cause uncomfortable irritation on the skin.
7. Essential Oils by doTerra: doTERRA Essential Oil Company is exclusively used in the creation of Desert Rose Organics’ Homemade Probiotic Deodorant. While there are a plethora of reasons why I use doTERRA Essential Oils for a multitude of reasons daily, I choose to use these in my oils because I simply believe in their power. As a holistic expert I have used essential oil therapy with my patients and clients because I first used them on myself and my family. I have chosen these scents because of their benefits for men, women, teens, preteens, grandmom, granddad… anyone that has armpits! Choosing to incorporate this original and unique probiotic deodorant into your daily regimen is quintessential for detoxifying and purifying your lymph nodes, especially closest to your breasts (men and women). Developing research suggests that the toxic load and build up is linked to creating cancer.